Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gears & Closing

Yep, as you can see on the tabs, I've been working on something a little different, my gears have been turning and I'm not done yet. I found there were so many little things I was not remembering about our days. I would remember she did something fantastic and new, and not remember exactly what she was doing when I went to gush about it in pride - I would forget in my excitement and busy mind! I toyed with the daily post idea but that felt too obnoxious and I don't think I would have been able to stick to it. So I created a tab I can update anytime, every day or a few days at a time. It's mostly for myself, but anyone who actually wants to look, can. Tonight we had an earthquake, 4.5 magnitude! We don't normally get earthquakes but we've had at least 5 in the past 10 years, at least noticeable ones. Was exciting and scary...the whole house shook.

Meanwhile, a favorite NCB group ceases to exist tonight. The owner is keeping her blog and facebook page but the actual handful of groups are gone tonight. She just announced she was leaving and started deleting members, and the majority of the almost-4,000 members are very upset. She did not give enough time for people to regroup and band together somewhere else - which of course has happened, five new groups have sprung up with one new prominent group which after just a few hours now has over 500 members. So we'll see how this new group works out, but already the environment is much more open than stuffy like it used to be.

So here I am. I myself want to step back from facebook, it's a major time suck. It took me all night to write this post in light of all that went on today on the new facebook groups plus the earthquake and a very cranky teething baby. I have a love/hate relationship with it and find it hard to talk to anyone personally on and off. It is just so impersonal, words on a screen. Unfortunately many of my friends do not live close enough for me to see them face-to-face and there lies the pickle. I have a lot I want to get done in my personal life and facebook seems to suck the motivation right out from under me. So I am going to dedicate more time here and doing other things. I hope.

Things are moving faster (bit by bit) with the homebuying process. It's not fast enough [insert headbang of frustration], and never could be. Bahahahah! We're closer and closer, though. I try not to go into too much detail because although things are moving, any predictions on whether it will move faster or slower or speculating will gain me nothing but frustration...it won't bring anything to fruition.

In light of the new group and closing of the older group, I am seriously thinking of starting a forum in place of what was there previously. I actually have been debating doing this for a while now, but I really didn't think that it was a good idea because I didn't know if I wanted to handle it...the actual admin role, on my own. But I know I can, I just need the motivation. With J's help I am sure that it could work out. We'll see.

I don't know what else to say in this post, so I am closing for the night. Goodnight blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment