Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day

I know this post is a week late, Mother's Day was LAST week's blog circus, am I right? Anyways, I don't care. :P

I had an awesome Mother's Day. I got to sleep in, and then the huz took me out to eat steak and icecream. Whoo! We ate til we were STUFFED. Plus, cheese fries are good. haha! Mairead kept getting complemented, even though she was literally stuffing her face like an animal. She was really hungry, even though she had just woken up. It was almost so embarrassing it was comical, we really try to get her to understand table manners but she's still so young, she just doesn't understand. She is a real foodaholic, so she was double-fisting her face full of fries and broccoli. One of the waiters came by as she was eating bread and butter, and he let out a chuckle and went "That's great!!" in a non-sarcastic way. It genuinely gave him a chuckle to see our daughter loving the restaurant's food so much. All in all, it was very nice.

Afterwards we drove to Clearwater beach. This is where all the rich people live in our area, like Hulk Hogan and Robin Zander (Cheap Trick), John Cena (WWE wrestler), Derek Jeter, and a whole other list of celebs that frequent it. That's not to say we saw any of them - we didn't, haha, but think of it this way... it was $16 to park all day, or $2.75 an hour to park. Yeah. We were very blessed, some guy gifted us his ticket that he had planned to stay all evening but couldn't, and we didn't have to pay a dime! I changed into my bathing suit at the bath house and we just rolled on in. Since I'm from Boston, never been to any other beaches - it was very new to me. The sand was very powdery and white compared to Boston, and the water was literally like hot bathwater! The ocean up north is pretty cool in temperature, so I was pleasantly surprised! Mairead had a blast! Last year in Boston she was petrified of the waves and noise. This year she wasn't. She loved to try and walk in the sand, whereas last year she could only crawl. She loved digging in it and tried to eat a sea shell, which we promptly took away! lol She chased birds yelling "Fwy fly!" and tweeting. She stood in the waves (with Mommy holding on) and laughed her butt off. She "swam" (kicked) in the waves and held on to Daddy while Mommy swam out and got some swim time in. Mairead and I collected shells (I managed to snag a few rare ones, too) as a keepsake for Mommy.

What was so interesting to me was that in Boston, everything is BYO (bring your own...), as in you have to bring your own chair, umbrella, beach tent, etc. except in Clearwater from 9-5 they provide seats, umbrellas, and beach tents! To me that was beyond cool. We arrived just before 5 though, and they came and picked up all of the stuff we were using. No big deal, though, we spent most of the time in the water. The view was really amazing, it's really just a different type of beach. There were sand mounds taller than me, with palm trees growing right out of the tops of them. There were a lot of resorts lining the strip and restaurants/bars. It was nuts. We watched the sun going down, and knew it was time to pack up and go. We had great timing too, because Maire started to throw herself around from being tired and cranky. We loaded up, and Maire fell asleep in the car practically as we managed to drive off of the strip.

I showered and we relaxed and the huz treated me some more. After a little while on this ol' girl, writing back to people on facebook, I hit the hay. It was so great. I was so tired from swimming. I can't wait for next year, although I'm thinking maybe something a bit more romantic since Maire will be older. We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment